Be A Part Of Our Story
For 50 years, Fort Myers Pest Control has provided Southwest Florida with Pest Control services done the right way-- by forging deep relationships with our employees and customers. Family-owned and operated since 1966, we consider our employees and customers as members of one big extended family.
Start Your Next Chapter
Why not work somewhere you love? We are in need of service providers who are seeking a position outside the restraints of corporate pest control and who are prepared to perform excellent service for our customers.
Joining our family of service providers and customers leads to more than just a steady paycheck. You’ll be entering a world where you’re more than an “employee number in a corporate system”. When you join our team you’ll find a family.
We are looking for the same thing every business wants, someone we can count on. We will depend on you to do the right thing for our customers, show up for work regularly on time, and have our back just like we will have yours. While experience is great, we are willing to train the right person for a position with us. You should know we are a drug free employer and an equal opportunity employer. We will do pre-employment drug screening, a motor vehicle record check, and a background check prior to employment.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for please contact us. Stop by our office in North Fort Myers, give us a ring at 239.543.3100, fax us at 239.543.6346 or email your resume to us at email@example.com
- The sales representative will build relationships with existing and new customers through sales prospecting techniques.
- Some leads provided, however, the sales representative will also self-generate leads as well.
- Inspect homes, businesses, lawns and landscapes for pests (ants, roaches, bedbugs, ticks, spiders, rodents, termites, grubs, chinch bugs, etc.)
- Clearly communicate the findings with the customer with honesty and integrity through verbal, written or electronic means.
- Uncover customer needs and offer solutions to these needs.
- Sell new business to company standards.
- Maintain company issued equipment such as inspecting gear, electronic items and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Interact with other company personnel with respect and dignity.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Experience, Education, and Qualifications Needed
- Must be able to perform complicated mathematics with use of calculators or
be able to learn such computations
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to understand and operate various electronic equipment.
- Must be motivated and willing to learn our business.
- Outside sales experience is helpful, but not a requirement of the position.
- This is a drug-free company with random drug screening.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background screening.
- Driving record must pass our auto-insurance provider’s requirements.
- Because this position involves inspecting customer homes, this person must be very detail oriented and able to visually see small insects in their natural environment.
- Must be able to independently manage time in a primarily self-directed work schedule.
- Must have a passion for taking care of our customers
- Must be an interactive member in a team work environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Read, Comprehend, write English (labels, training materials, agreements, etc.)
- Enter and exit crawl spaces under homes, enter and exit attics in structures, climb over and on top of structures, ascend and descend stairs and ladders without assistance.
- Visually inspect for pests and pest harborages, pest entries, etc.
- Audibly listen for pests and pest harborages using industry “sounding “techniques.
- Tolerate a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to, high temperatures: high humidity, dusty environments, damp locations; tight/low clearance spaces.
- Tolerate sitting and driving a motor vehicle for extended hours each day.
- Must be able to pass medical evaluation in order to wear company provided respirator and must past respirator fit test.
- Regularly required to:
- Sit or stand
- Walk on uneven surfaces for an extended period of time
- Climb stairs or ladders
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel, or reach
- Speak and hear
- Use vision abilities for close, distance, color ,peripheral, depth and focus
- Lift up to 50 pounds independently
- Push and pull equipment
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Noise level—moderate to loud
- Subject to exposure to animals and insects
- Must be able to understand and comply with all safety procedures
- Occasionally exposed to pesticides
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the sales representative and the scope of work being assigned. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, requirements of the sales representative position. All personnel may be required to perform tasks outside of the normal responsibilities from time to time as assigned by management.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for answering and responding to incoming calls, for scheduling inspections and service, and for performing a variety of administrative tasks. As the first person a customer may come in contact with, the CSR has the responsibility of promoting the highest level of friendliness, helpfulness, professionalism and efficiency.
The Customer Service Representative reports to the Office Manager and does not supervise any employees.
Experience, Education, and Skills Required
High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous experience operating a multi-line phone system required. Previous experience in administrative customer service position required. Ability to project friendly, warm, helpful and professional demeanor required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be multi-task oriented, flexible and willing to please. Must be well organized and detail oriented. Numerical aptitude and computer proficiency (spreadsheet and word processing) required. Good grammar and ability to communicate clearly and with a smile required. Must possess ability to interact with others in a professional, enthusiastic manner. Must possess ability to operate general office equipment. Must be able to pass a drug and criminal background check.
Position Functions and Duties
- Answer all incoming telephone calls in a professional, pleasing manner. Take appropriate action by transferring call, paging desired party, or taking a message.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with customers. Ensure high level of customer service is maintained at all times and that all needs are met. Address any concerns/issues/problems immediately and resolve to the extent possible. Defer any open issues to management.
- Schedule customers for service or inspections. Provide Sales Professional or Pest Control technician with scheduling details.
- Reschedule customers when necessary and immediately notified Pest Control Technician or Sales Professional of schedule change.
- Maintain customer files in an organized, up to date manner.
- Receive calls from other employees and field any questions. Follow up to provide information as needed.
- Ensure customer database is up to date. Correct customer data as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Research payment histories or information as requested. Verify invoices or payments for accuracy.
- Assist with entering accounts payable and receivable data into computer system.
- Call customers to follow up on past due invoices. Communicate information to obtain timely payment.
- Stay abreast of current industry trends, products, and equipment.
- Assist with maintaining office equipment. Notify management of any problems with computers, phones, copiers or other equipment.
- Distribute faxes, mail and other information to appropriate person.
- Assist with researching data, making phone calls, and preparing reports, letters, and general correspondence, as needed.
- Attend meetings and perform other administrative tasks as required.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
Requires constant (67%-100%) sitting for long periods of time. Requires occasional (0%-33%) walking and standing. Requires frequent (34%-66%) use of the telephone and movement about the building. Requires occasional lifting up to (25) pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires occasional bending and reaching to file and retrieve file information. Requires ability to communicate clearly. Requires ability to work in front of computer monitor and on keyboard for extended periods of time.
Typical Working Conditions
Requires constant contact with customers and co-workers. Work is performed in air-conditioned/heated facility. Majority of work is performed at a desk.
Must possess working knowledge of office machines and equipment including, but not limited to, computers, printers, calculators, copier, facsimile machine, and multi-line phone system.
This description may not be all-inclusive, and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Position descriptions and duties may be modified whenever deemed appropriate by management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the Customer Service Representative and the scope of the work being assigned. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, requirements of the Customer Service Representative. All personnel may be required to perform tasks outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as assigned by management.
Responsible for identifying, selecting, mixing, and applying chemical or manual solutions for treatments of pests. Identifies pest problem and appropriate solution, applies chemical or trap, and removes dead rodents. Inspection and/ or control of pests or diseases of ornamental plants, trees, weeds and lawn.
The Pest Control Technician reports to the Pest Control Supervisor and does not supervise any employees
Experience, Education, and Job Skills Required
High school diploma or equivalent required. Ability to project friendly, warm, helpful and professional demeanor required. Excellent verbal communication skills required. Must be multi-task oriented, flexible and willing to please. Must be well organized and detail oriented. Numerical aptitude and technology proficiency is required. Good Grammar and the ability to communicate clearly and with a smile required. Must possess ability to interact with others in a professional, enthusiastic manner. Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and have a clean driving record. Must be at least 18 years of age (insurance requirement) and be able to pass a drug and criminal background check.
Position Functions and Duties
- Apply solutions, powders, and granules on or near surfaces of a building or house to eliminate pests and or diseases.(fungus, root rot)
- Identify invading pests, including rats, termites, wasps, ants, spiders, mosquitos, bed bugs, ornamental plants, trees or lawn pests or diseases, weeds etc.
- Set mechanical traps and place bait.
- Remove dead rodents after extermination.
- Ensure house or building is empty when product is applied.
- Air out residence after application.
- Identify damage to property.
- Inspect property to ascertain wall and roof porosity and possible sites of pest invasion.
- Access infested locations.
- Cut or bore into buildings to access infested areas.
- Apply pesticides at location.
- Study preliminary reports and diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
- Measure area dimensions requiring treatment.
- Clean and remove blockages to facilitate application.
- Utilize appropriate protective gear and equipment during application.
- Power-spray chemicals onto surfaces.
- Safely Driving and maintaining a clean company vehicle
- Responsible for sales on a route
- Perform other duties as assigned
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
Requires standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing and pulling. Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
Typical Working Conditions
Requires contact with customers and co-workers. Work is performed in outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat and humidity, cool, cold, extreme cold, wet and windy. Work can also be performed inside a home or business. Work may also take place in close spaces (example: Under a mobile home, in an attic, etc.)
Must be able to be fitted for a respirator. Respirators, gloves, rubber boots, goggles /glasses, face shield, ear plugs, bump hats are required to wear as per certain labels. A uniform is required consisting of long pants, a long sleeve shirt, belt and hat and leather work boots.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the Pest/Lawn Control Technician and the scope of the work being assigned. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, requirements of the Pest/Lawn Control Technician. All personnel may be required to perform tasks outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as assigned by management.