Fort Myers Pest Control Mosquito Control Service
On August 1, 2016, the first instance of locally transmitted ZIKA was documented in Miami-Dade County, Florida. The
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) has announced that the mosquito-borne illness ZIKA VIRUS can
now be acquired from locally affected mosquitos.
ZIKA VIRUS FACT SHEET
There is absolutely no better time than now to defend your family and home from a mosquito invasion.
- Zika is spread to people primarily through the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito.
- A pregnant woman can pass Zika virus to her fetus during pregnancy or during birth.
- Zika virus infection can cause microcephaly and other severe fetal brain defects, and is associated
with other adverse pregnancy outcomes.
- A person who is infected with Zika virus can pass it to sex partners.
- Many people infected with Zika virus won't have symptoms or will only have mild symptoms.
- No vaccines or treatments are currently available to treat or prevent Zika infections.
Mosquitos are small winged insects that are equipped with a needle-like mouth that punctures the skin of their host in an effort to extract blood, which can in turn leave small bite marks or cause serious health problems.
Mosquito-borne illnesses continue to remain one of the largest global threats to public health because these small insects have the ability to carry and transmit a number of diseases into the human body including Zika, Dengue Fever, Chikungunya and Malaria.
It is proven that reducing the population of Mosquitos on your property significantly reduces the threat of more serious disease transmitted by these blood-sucking pests-- that’s where we come in.
Request a FREE ESTIMATE for our Mosquito Control Service
30 Minutes For 30 Days Of Effective Mosquito Control
Fast · Effective · Safe for Children & Pets · Environmentally Friendly · Free Estimates